Sunday, 24 June 2012

Royal Ascot 2012


We were lucky enough to be invited along to the Royal Enclosure at Royal Ascot this weekend. New dress codes were introduced this year stating longer hemlines, hats not fascinators, nothing strapless and no midriffs showing (that was one rule I was happy to comply with!).

After seeing some beautiful summery shades at the Garden Party a few weeks earlier I’d decided to ditch the black dress I’d been planning on wearing (I wore it to the Trooping of the Colour instead). I found this lovely mint green broderie anglaise dress at Monsoon and knew it was the one!




Being we are in Britain in summer a cover-up was a must so I recycled my white Mango blazer (last seen at the Trooping of the Colour) and added a pale pink Accessorize flower. Pale pink Radley bag was also recycled from the Trooping of the Colour. My lovely mum, Rose, sent me the pink and black polka scarf to wear to show my support for Black Caviar. I wore the same black hat and black & white polka dot shoes seen at the Garden Party.


After the last race finished (I’d bet on Bernie the Bolt, who sadly did not live up to his name) I pulled out my Tipsy Feet ballet flats from Purse Angels’  which I picked up on the net after an agonising few hours at the Garden Party a few weeks ago. They come in a handy pouch which fits neatly into your handbag, then fold out into a carrier bag to carry your heels in home. Inspired!



No more heels for me!



What a great day and a great experience for us, congratulations Black Caviar!!

No comments:

Post a Comment