Friday, 11 January 2013

The Maxi

As many of my regular readers will know I've always been a sucker for a maxi skirt, lately though they're becoming a little difficult to pull off. It's fine if you can wear them with a long top like I did here, but if they are the belted style you are faced with the dilemma of wearing them either above the bump (Harry high pants anyone?) or below the bump (is she pregnant or has she just eaten too many pies?). Oh how I miss my waist!



maxi dress/ Jeanswest/ beads/ Sussan / metallic flats / Novo

Luckily, I've found a great summer alternative; the maxi dress. This one is from Jeanswest and as it isn't specifically maternity wear it should see me through quite a few more summers. It’s a beautiful print, can be dressed up or down and I'll let you in on a little secret… a bra not is necessary! What more can you ask for?

We spent our afternoon having a quiet birthday catch up with friends at The George, a lovely English style pub fast becoming one of our very favourite’s places in Canberra.

So are you a fan of the Maxi? I can't live without mine!



11 comments:

  1. you are glowing! managing to look stylish and pregnant is something not everyone can pull off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled across your blog. I love this pic of you. There is nothing nicer than to see a pregnant lady - you look amazing in this dress. Wish there were maxi dresses when I was pregnant 9 years ago!

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great, yummy mummy
    I am definetely a maxi girl , I have quite a number of them as they are so comfortable and can be dressed up or down . And yes, they are great maternity wear !
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would wear a Maxi in a heart beat - but they don't ever fit me :(

    I love, love, love this on you Bel. You are looking amazing. You are totally all baby and look stunning.

    xxx Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep I lived in them when I was pregnant too!! You are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just discovered your blog through the pleated poppy and would love to follow each other! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. THis is such a lovely dress. THe print and the colours are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This Maxi is looking awesome on you dear..:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Stuff....I like it.Looking amazing.Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great n this maxi dress! beautiful color!
    www.summerme.com.au

    ReplyDelete